Are you a student or PhD student with a business idea you want to take further?
Eirik G. Medbø
Are you a student or PhD student with a business idea you want to take further? You can now apply for pre-seed funding from NTNU Energy Transition, Engage and Equinor to make the first step towards a start-up journey. Your energy-related idea could get 50.000 – 150.000 kroner to accelerate you towards the market!
What can the money be used for?
The money can be used to free up time for employees or for further development, renting lab time, buying equipment or consulting services for an early-stage prototype, and to do market research to understand the market you are addressing.
Requirements for you as the inventor and the idea:
- The idea is developed by you as a student or PhD student, and is owned by yourself as a student, or NTNU/SINTEF.
- The idea could contribute in solving challenges within the future energy system or help create a sustainable energy transition, and has a high potential. This could for instance be solutions that aim to:
- Increase energy efficiency
- Reduce emissions from burning fossil fuels
- Technologies that contribute to better energy production, storage or transfer
- More sustainable or efficient use of materials and resources
- Solutions that could have a direct impact for consumers, are encouraged to apply.
- The idea could be in an early stage, but the project should focus on commercializing the idea through for instance a new company. The support can not be used for research purposes.
- You have a desire to develop the idea towards future commercial use, and you want to contribute actively in the journey ahead.
- The support is given for a 6-month project that you define yourself, where you can apply for between 50.000 and 150.000 kroner to get over an important hurdle or reach a milestone, to get that one step further. You will also get help investigating subjects like market research, strategy and recruitment of team members.
How do I apply?
The deadline to apply is september 15th 2019, at 12:00.
If you have questions about the application or the grant itself, please contact Innovation Manager at NTNU Energy Transition / Engage, Eirik Gjelsvik Medbø (email@example.com)